Are you considering updating your walls with wallpaper? We can’t blame you. Wallpaper offers a quick and cost-efficient way to personalize walls. However, it can also work against you if you’re not careful during the application.
1. Do start small. If it’s your first time experimenting with wallpaper, try hanging it on a small space such as behind a bookshelf, recess or alcove. The wallpaper will add more depth and visual interest to these areas. If you start small, you will get a better idea whether wallpaper suits your taste.
2. Do create an accent wall. A quick way to create an accent wall is to add wallpaper to one wall. Intricately designed wallpaper can very well work as wall art or an accessory.
3. Do consider patterns carefully. If you’re choosing a patterned paper, make sure it is proportionate to the scale of the room where you’re installing it. This helps ensure that the room won’t look too busy.
1. Don’t ignore holes and dents. Before you hang wallpaper, make sure that any wall imperfections are filled and sanded to ensure a smooth surface.
2. Don’t wing it. Installing wallpaper requires planning, especially if you’re working with patterns. You need to measure accurately, choose the right adhesive and plan where the patterns end and meet. Better yet, hire a professional to install the wallpaper for you.
3. Don’t DIY. As mentioned above, it may be best to hire a professional for this project. It may look easy, but let’s be honest here. Measuring, rolling, smoothing, trimming and matching patterns isn’t for everyone.
Let Us Install That Wallpaper for You!
Among the home remodeling services offered by DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen is wallpaper installation. Let our experienced and trained team take care of all your interior remodeling needs! Visit our locations page to start a conversation with the DreamMaker closest to you.