Wet rooms continue to gain popularity because of their sleek appearance that provides a sophisticated yet simple appeal. However, designing and installing the perfect wet room requires careful planning and consideration. Trusted “bathroom remodeler near me” DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen of Ogden takes a look at what you should do and avoid when designing and building an elegant and functional wet room.
Wet Room Design Dos
When planning to construct a wet room in your home, be sure to keep in mind the following:
- Non-slip tiles and waterproof materials are essential for designing a wet room to prevent slipping and accidents.
- Proper drainage is essential for a wet room, with a sufficient slope and linear or point drains depending on the bathroom layout.
- Adequate ventilation is essential for wet rooms to prevent mold, mildew and moisture damage.
- Safety features such as grab bars and seating options make wet rooms accessible to everyone.
- Collaborating with the contractor is essential for the success of any wet room project. Get started by obtaining a bathroom estimate.
Wet Room Design Don’ts
Avoid the following when designing a wet room:
- Overlooking storage is a common mistake when designing a wet room. Excellent storage space keeps the space organized and clutter-free.
- Disregarding adequate lighting can lead to problems later on. Make sure it is given attention during the design phase, as it can help make the finished space safer and give it an expansive appearance. Include adequate overhead and task lighting for functionality and visual appeal.
- Neglecting quality in favor of cheaper materials can lead to costly repairs and replacements in the long run.
- Lastly, don’t ignore accessibility when designing your wet room. By incorporating universal design principles, you can create a space that works for all users no matter the age and ability.
Let’s Start a Conversation!
Working with a professional bathroom remodeler is essential for creating a stylish, functional and accessible wet room. To begin planning your wet room renovation, turn to the experts at DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen of Ogden. Count on our team to provide a personalized approach in tackling your bathroom renovation, from the design consultation to the project’s completion. Call us at (801) 614-7263 or fill out this contact form to get started on your bathroom quote. We proudly serve homeowners in Cottonwood Heights, Midvale, West Jordan, Taylorsville, Sandy, Draper, Tooele, South Jordan, Woods Cross, Washington Terrace, Heber City, Uintah, Tremonton, Brigham City, and Riverdale.