Of all the bathroom fixtures, the sink is arguably the most overlooked. When we think about giving a bathroom a makeover, we easily gravitate toward the shower enclosure or tub. But did you know that the sink can become a highlight of your bath space? Local bathroom remodeler DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen of Schaumberg shares some considerations to keep in mind to help you choose the right sink.
Sizing Your Sink
You may choose the best-looking bathroom sink on the market, but it won’t do you any good if it doesn’t fit in your space. The first thing you have to consider when choosing a new sink is the size of your bathroom. Before sink shopping, make sure that you measure your existing counter space. You can use your old sink as a reference. If your old sink’s size works well, try to find another in the same size.
When choosing a material for your sink, find one that matches your home’s existing style so it blends in with the rest of the space. The following are some of the material choices to consider:
- Cast Iron – This is a long-lasting option and typically covered with enamel made out of melted glass. The material is scratch-resistant and offers a clean finish.
- Vitreous China – This is classic white porcelain. Its durability and ease of cleaning makes it a popular option among homeowners. Thanks to modern technologies, this material is now made in different colors, from creams to reds.
- Granite – A sink made of this material is sure to add a natural aesthetic to any bathroom space. Finished and glazed to be smooth, it may be available in more solid colors or can look like unfinished rock. Sealed granite sinks are resistant to chips and dents.
- Fireclay – This material is fired and sealed at high temperatures to make it strong like cast iron but with a smooth, rounded look.
- Stainless Steel – You can’t go wrong with a stainless steel sink. Scrub it clean and it still has sheen. A staple in most kitchens, it can work just as well in modern or contemporary bathrooms.
Let’s Start a Conversation!
With all the talk about bathroom remodeling, you may be asking, “Who is the best bathroom contractor near me”? That’s where we come in. DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen of Schaumburg is here to help you turn your vision for your bathroom into reality. Call us now at (847) 973-5097. You may also fill out our contact form to schedule an appointment. We serve homeowners in Arlington Heights, Elk Grove and Palatine, as well as Hoffman Estates, Barrington and Bartlett.