If you’re hosting holiday gatherings this year, chances are you’re already starting to spruce up your kitchen, bathroom and guest accommodations. In this blog, the interior remodeling contractors at DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen of East Georgia have some helpful reminders if you are considering any quick pre-holiday remodeling projects.
Things to Do
- Research the project timeline. It takes DreamMaker kitchen remodelers a few weeks to finish a full kitchen remodel, depending on the scale. Bathrooms take a similar amount of time to complete. Consider relatively simple updates such as cabinet refacing or countertop installation—both of which usually take only days—if there isn’t time for a full remodel.
- Take the time to evaluate your contractor. Given the time crunch, you need a contractor that has a proven track record of meeting deadlines. Your best source for this information? Contractor references. Calling references individually takes some effort, but finding a contractor who is upfront about their timelines, sets expectations and finishes on time can ensure your project’s success.
- Consider your timeframe. Before committing to any kind of remodeling work, think about your schedule. You’re not expected to do any installation work, of course, but you may need to be available to sign off on things like unplanned repairs.
Things Not to Do
- Wait until the last minute. Even if you have decided on a simple project like adding a new countertop, try to get the ball rolling as soon as possible. Installation may only take days, but materials still need to be ordered.
- Choose your contractor based on the price. Everyone appreciates savings, but not at the expense of quality. The saying “you get what you pay for” definitely applies to remodeling projects. Materials, labor, warranty coverage—choosing the best options may cost more but they will also last many years beyond the holidays.
- Forget your outdoor spaces. Family gatherings are often big occasions. If you have limited indoor space, a deck or patio can increase your options for entertaining guests.
Let’s Start a Conversation!
DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen of East Georgia is a leading local provider of interior and kitchen remodeling services. Give us a call at (478) 268-4206 or fill out our contact form to get in touch. We serve customers in Swainsboro, GA, and other nearby areas.
If you live in Swainsboro, Dublin, Statesboro, Vidalia, or Metter and are interested in learning more about remodeling your kitchen or bathroom, don’t hesitate to contact the DreamMaker Bath and Kitchen of East Georgia team.