Whenever a new year rolls in, homeowners can expect a new wave of home improvement trends. After all, the new year is the best time to refresh the home. According to kitchen remodelers, the kitchen is one of the areas that will see the most change. Popular kitchen trends watch for in 2020 include:
- Slab backsplashes. The backsplash is an integral part of most kitchens. For 2020, one of the most popular kitchen trends is the slab backsplash, which offers a clean yet colorful look for every kitchen.
- Colorful tiles. Another kitchen backsplash trend that’s sure to make waves this year is colorful kitchen tile. With this trend, you can easily add a pop of color to your kitchen design.
- Double islands. Islands have been a popular addition to kitchens for a long time now and this year will see a rise in double islands. This allows the kitchen’s function to be expanded while maintaining the traffic flow, allowing for a more efficient cooking space.
- Steel hoods. As for the stove, kitchen remodeling professionals say that steel hoods might be one of the most popular trends of 2020, replacing painted wood and plain stainless steel. By implementing steel and plasterwork, a hood can become a focal point in the kitchen.
- Unexpected color pops. If you’re looking to update your kitchen in 2020, consider using color in unexpected places such as appliances. Doing this is a fun way of incorporating color and taking your appliances to the next level.
- Warm finishes. Warm kitchen finishes are also going to be popular this year. If done right, old-school wood cabinetry can still have a modern and fresh look in your kitchen.
Let’s Start a Conversation!
Make your search for a kitchen renovation expert easier by turning to DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen of Schaumburg, the northwest suburbs’ experts in kitchen and bathroom remodeling. To get started, just give us a call at (847) 973-5097 or fill out our contact form.