Many of us dream of having a walk-in closet. If you have enough floor space, then why not? A well-designed walk-in closet can have you feeling like you’re stepping into your own private boutique. If you’re about to add a walk-in closet, consider putting some of these ideas on the wishlist that you’ll show your house renovations company:
1. Drawers for small items, including jewelry and watches. Custom storage is a key element of any walk-in closet. Make sure you have drawers for your smallest accessories to make finding them easier and faster.
2. Shelves for bags, hats and similar accessories. Drawers are great for small items, while shelves are ideal for bigger accessories such as handbags and hats.
3. An efficient shoe system. If you have a lot of shoes, it may be best to dedicate an entire wall to shoe shelving. Don’t forget room for your spouse’s shoes too.
4. Smart lighting. Your walk-in closet should have sufficient lighting. Ideally, your contractor will install three types of lighting: overhead lighting for general lighting, lighting behind or under the shelves and racks, and ornamental lighting.
5. A mirror. A walk-in closet will not be complete without a mirror to help with dressing. You can choose to have a stand-alone mirror, a mirror-covered wall or mirror-covered cabinets.
6. A safe. If you have luxury items, you may want to consider adding a hidden safe in your walk-in closet.
Build Your Dream Walk-in Closet With DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen
If you want to make sure that your walk-in closet will look just as you imagined it, call DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen of Wooster! Our experienced designers will work with you to achieve your goals. Call us at (801) 203-3307 or submit our contact form to schedule a consultation to learn more about room addition cost and other important details.